- Le Cage, Westcheap
- Tenement of William Coventre called "le Cage" in Westchepe in parish of St. Mary le Bow (Ct. H.W. II. 374), 1407.Houses in parish of St. Laurence in Old Jewry in the lane called "Sevehodenelane" near a tenement called "le Cage," 1412 (ib. 395).Held by John Coventre at time of his death, 1429, Thomas his son being his heir (Cal. L. Bk. K. p. 105).It is also mentioned in the ordinance for regulating the markets called "Evechepynges" in Westchepe and Cornhulle in 1393, the market in Westchepe being held between St. Laurence Lane and the "Cage" (Riley's Mem. p. 532).No later mention.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.