- Land of Simon fab' in parish of St. Andrew Holborn extending from "fossatum quod vocatur" Chanceleres dich "versus ecclesiam conversorum." south, to Symon's house north, 31 perches in length, a perch being 161/2 ft. (Malmesbury Chartulary, Cott. MS. Faust, B. VIII.).Seems to be called "Doge brook" in 1232 (q.v.).Probably occupied part of the site of or was adjacent to Chancery Lane (q.v.).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.