- Church Row
- 1) South out of Fenchurch Street, west of the church of St. Katherine Coleman to Fenchurch Street Station (P.O. Directory). In Aldgate Ward.First mention: Lockie, 1810.Former names : "Church Court" (Horwood, 1799). "Magpye Alley" (Strype 1720-L. Guide, 1758).Named from its proximity to the church.2) East out of Walbrook to Mansion House Place, north of St. Stephen Walbrook. In Walbrook Ward.First mention: "Church Court" (Lockie, 1810-Elmes, 1831). Between Nos. 5 and 6 Walbrook.3) "Le Churche Row" within Great St. Bartholomew's Close, 36 H. VIII. (L. and P. H. VIII. XIX. (1), p. 376).One of the entrances to the Church of St. Bartholomew the Great.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.