- Cloister Court, Blackfriars
- West out of Curriers' Row, Ireland Yard, Blackriars, in Farringdon Ward Within.First mention: "Cloyster Court" (O. and M. 1677).Other names : "Gloucester Court" (Strype, ed. 1755-Elmes, 1831).This is merely a corruption of the original name, and is not given in the maps.The court is described under this name by Malcolm in his "Londinium Redivivum," as a small square surrounded by wretched passages, formed by sheds, wooden houses and walls, containing a fragment or two of the old monastery of the Blackfriars. Near it is a small burial ground, with a pointed arch in one of the walls. Eight steps on the north side led to Joye's free school (II. p. 367).So named from the cloisters of the Blackfriars.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.