- Clothworkers' Hall
- On the east side of Mincing Lane (P.O. Directory). In Tower Ward.Earliest mention: Purchased 34 H. VI. 1455, by the Fullers (Clothworker's Records, lib. 9, fol. 13, quoted by Herbert, II. p. 661).A small building of red brick, partly destroyed in the Fire, being the boundary of the conflagration (ib. and Povah, p. 301).Described by Hatton, 1708, after its rebuilding (Herbert, II. 661).Again rebuilt 1856-60 (Povah, p. 301). S. Angell, Arch.The remains of a Roman hypocaust were found here at a depth of 18 feet in 1824.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.