- Coak's Buildings
- North out of Stoney Lane, between Middlesex Street and Gravel Lane. In Portsoken Ward (O.S. 25 in. ed. 1880).Former names : "Cook's Buildings" (Lockie, 1810-Elmes, 1831). "Black Lyon Yard " (Rocque, 1746-Horwood, 1799). "Black Lion Yard" (Strype, ed. 1755 ; and Boyle, 1799).(The buildings seem to have been in existence in 1720 in Strype's map of the ward, but they are not named in the map.)Removed in 1884, and site covered by the City of London Artizans' Dwellings (q.v.).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.