Cold Abbeye
   A tenement so called in Wendageynes Lane held under the Fraternity of St. Katherine in the Church of St. Sepulchre, 1361 (Ct. H.W. II. 45).
   A garden belonging to St. Bartholomew's priory at West Smithfield was called "Coldabbey" (Hust. Roll. 117, 55).
   Compare manors at Clerkenwell and Camberwell Called successively "Colde Herbergh", "Cold Abbey", and "Cold Harbour" (Arch. XXXIII. 126, and Ct. H.W. II. 373).
   See Cold Harbour in Dowgate Ward (Coldharbour1)

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”