- It is a little difficult to identify this church with certainty. But the documentary evidence is strongly in favour of identification with All Hallows Coleman-church and St. Katherine Colman, which seem to have been one and the same.See St. Katherine Coleman and All Hallows Colemanchurch.It was in Aldgate Ward, and part of the parish lay in the present Billiter Street, 12 Ed. II. (Anc. Deeds, A. 1993).Constant references are made to it during the 12th and 13th centuries, as "Colemaneschirche," H. II. (Anc. Deeds, A. 1900), "Colemanchurch," etc., and the latest reference seems to occur in 12 Ed. II., being a grant of shops and garden in "Colemancherch parish" (ib. 1993). From this deed it appears that Belieters lane (Billiter Street) lay to the west of the property with the highway, "que ducit versus Fancherche ad portam que vocatur Alegate" to the south. This would place the property in the parish of St. Katherine Colman. This highway, which must be Fenchurch Street (q.v.), was apparently also known as Colemanstrete.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.