- College of Physicians
- Founded 1555. First feast at the President, John Caius', house in St. Bartholomew's the Less (H. MSS. Com. 8th Rep. 226). Then in Knightrider Street (S. 371).This house was presented to them by Dr. Linacre. Afterwards removed to Amen Corner, and thence to Warwick Lane, which building was erected by Sir C. Wren 1689, demolished about 1831.Now in Pall Mall East, designed by Smirke 1825.The building in Amen Corner abutted west on the town ditch and City Wall and south on Stationers' Hall (H. MSS. Com. 9th Rep. p. 27).Called Physicians, College in Leake, O. and M. and Rocque.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.