- Cox's Court
- 1) North-east out of Little Britain at No. 25, in Aldersgate Ward Without (P.O. Directory).First mention: Horwood, 1799.The eastern continuation to Cross Key Square was, until 1899, called Montague Place, but in that year the name "Montague Place" was abolished, and the whole street from Little Britain to Cross Key Square is now called Cox's Court.Named after the owner or builder.2) West out of Aldersgate Street, at 160, in Aldersgate Ward Without (Strype, ed. 1720-Elmes, 1831).The site is now occupied by offices and business houses.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.