- Cradle Court
- 1) West out of Addle Hill, in Castle Baynard Ward (O. and M. 1677).The site is now occupied by Queen Victoria Street.The Cradle seems to have been a distinctive street sign in former times.2) East out of Aldersgate Street, in Aldersgate Ward Without, north of Jewin Street (Hatton, 1708-Horwood, 1799).Site now occupied by warehouses, etc.3) East out of Little Distaff Lane, in Bread Street Ward (O. and M. 1677).Site now occupied by offices and business houses.4) South out of Fore Street, in Cripplegate Ward Without (Strype, 1720-Dodsley, 1761).Site now occupied by warehouses and offices, etc.5) East out of Redcross Street at No. 51, in Cripplegate Ward Without, leading to Bowling Alley and Whitecross Street (Strype, ed. 1720-E1mes, 1831).The site is now covered by the Metropolitan Railway lines.6) North out of Bury Court. In Aldgate Ward (O.S. 1880).First mention: Rocque, 1746.Rebuilt for business purposes.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.