(St.) Andrew ad Sanctam Trinitatem
   Early grants (12th cent.) of land and dwellings in the parish of St. Andrew made by the Prior and Convent of Holy Trinity. Endorsed " Sancti Andree ad Sanctam Trinitatem " (Anc. Deeds, A. 2338, 7284, 7285).
   Qy. = St. Andrew Undershaft.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • (St.) Andrew Undershaft —    At the south east corner of St. Mary Axe in Aldgate Ward.    Earliest mention found in records : St. Andrew ad Sanctam Trinitatem (q.v.) 12th century (Anc. Deeds, A. 2338, 7284 5).    Other forms : St. Andrew juxta Alegate, 52 H. III. (Ch. Inq …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”