- Cressyngham Lane
- Described as in the parish of St. James de Garlikhithe, to the west of a tenement in the parishes of St. Martin Vintry and St. James Garlickhithe, of which the eastern boundary was Stodies lane, 1441 (Ct. H.W. II. 492)."Stodies lane" or "Spital lane" is described by Stow as included in the gift by Sir John Stodie to the Vintners' Company of the site, on which Vintners' Hall afterwards stood (S. 242). If Cressyngham lane were to the west of the site, it would be identical with Anchor Lane, now Anchor Alley (q.v.).First mention: 1436-7 (Ct. H.W. II. 480).John Cressingham was one of those returned to advise the Mayor touching the affairs of the City for Vintry Ward in 1347 (Riley's Mem. p. liii.).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.