- Crown Alley, Petticoat Lane
- South-west out of Petticoat Lane (Middlesex Street). In Portsoken Ward (Boyle, 1799).Earliest mention: Rocque, 1746.(Shown in Strype's map of the Ward, 1720, but not named.)Removed towards the end of the 18th century for the erection of warehouses and the site is now occupied by the Port of London Authority's Warehouses (q.v.).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Port of London Authority's Warehouses — At the northern boundary of Portsoken Ward and extending into Bishopsgate Ward Without (P.O. Directory). Former names : East India Warehouses (Greenwood, 1827). Cutler Street Warehouses (O.S. 1848 51). London and St. Katherine s Dock Co. s… … Dictionary of London
Martha Tabram — Mortuary photograph of Martha Tabram. She was 5 feet 3 inches tall and had dark hair. Martha Tabram (10 May 1849 – 7 August 1888) was a London prostitute, who may be a possible early victim of the notorious unidentified serial killer known… … Wikipedia