- Dipples Alley
- Seems to have been near the Auction Mart in Bartholomew Lane. Five houses in the alley were purchased in 1652 for the poor of the parish of St. Bartholomew by the Exchange, and sold in 1810 to the proprietors of the Auction Mart (End. Ch. St. Barth. etc., 1903, p. 16).Called Dible's Alley (1649) and Dipple Alley (1670) in Account Books (p. 136) and Vestry Minute Books (p. 109) of St. Bartholomew the litell, ed. Freshfield, "Dipple Alley" in Ffrogmorton Street, 1670 (Vestry Minute Book, p. 109).Named after the owner or builder.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.