- Doby Court
- 1) West out of Monkwell Street, north of Barber's Hall (L.C.C. List, 1912). In Farringdon Ward Within (det.).First mention: O. and M. 1677.Former name : "Dobins Court" (Strype, ed. 1720). " Dolbins Court" (Rocque, 1746).The site is now occupied by offices and business houses.2) North out of Maiden lane at No. 2 in Vintry Ward, west of Queen Street (P.O. Directory).First mention: Lockie, 1810.Former name : "Maidenhead Court" (O. and M. 1677-Boyle, 1799).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.