- Dodding Pond
- The Soke of the Knightengild included the whole of Estsmithfeld, together with the right-hand side of the way (vici), which extends by Doddyngg' pond to the Thames (Cal. L. Bk. C. pp. 216 and 225, and L. Bk. H. p. 46).In 35 H. VIII. 1543, a parcel of land beside "Duggynges Ponde" belonged to St. Mary Graces (L. and P. H. VIII. Dom. S. XVIII. Pt. 1, p. 363).In 13 Rich. II. mention is made in a grant of a messuage at East Smithfield by the Tower of London in the parish of St. Botolph without Algate and in Portsoken Ward, adjoining the messuage of the abbot of St. Mary de Gracus by the Tower and the lane called "Toddyneslane" east (Anc. Deeds, A. 1872-3).No later mention.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.