Dogebrook
   A ditch so called at the southern end of a wall dividing the lands of Hugh, bishop of Ely, from land of Master Ralph de Neketon in Newstrete, 1232 (Ely Epis. Records, G. 3, f. 225, d.).
   Qy. = Chauncellorsditch (q.v.).

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”