Dung Wharff

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Crown and Horseshoe Wharf —    South out of Upper Thames Street at No. 6 to the Thames (P.O. Directory). In Castle Baynard Ward.    First mention: O.S. 1875.    Former names : Hudson s Wharf (Horwood, 1799 Lockie, 1816). Dunghill Lane (q.v.) (O. and M. 1677 Strype, 1755).… …   Dictionary of London

  • Dunghil Lane —    Sonth out of Thames Street to the Thames leading to Puddle Dock Stairs, in Castle Baynard Ward (O. and M. 1677 Strype, 1755).     Dung Wharff in Rocque, 1746.    Site seems now occupied by the Crown and Horseshoe Wharf (q.v.) …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”