Fetter Lane Court
   In Barnard's Inn (Strype, ed. 1755-Boyle, 1799).
   Not named in the maps.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Fetter Lane — is a street in the ward of Farringdon Without in London England. It runs from Fleet Street in the south to Holborn in the north.The earliest mention of the street is faitereslane in 1312 [ [http://www.motco.com/Harben/2062.htm Origin of Fetter… …   Wikipedia

  • Plow Yard, Fetter Lane —    See Plough Court …   Dictionary of London

  • Fleur de lis Court —    1) East out of Fetter Lane at No. 9, and north to Trinity Church Passage (P.O. Directory). In Farringdon Ward Without.    First mention: Flower de luce Alley (O. and M. 1677).    Other forms : Flower de Luce Court, Flower de lyz Court (Hatton …   Dictionary of London

  • Technology and Construction Court — The Technology and Construction Court (commonly abbreviated in practice to the TCC) is a sub division of the Queen s Bench Division, part of the High Court of Justice, which together with the Crown Court and the Court of Appeal, is one of the… …   Wikipedia

  • King's Head Court —    1) North west out of Gravel Lane. In Portsoken Ward (Strype, ed. 1720 Boyle, 1799).    Only partly built in 1720 (Strype, I. ii. 27).    Removed towards the end of the 18th century for the erection of warehouses, now occupied by the Port of… …   Dictionary of London

  • Crown Court Church — Coordinates: 51°30′48″N 0°7′16″W / 51.51333°N 0.12111°W / 51.51333; 0.12111 …   Wikipedia

  • Red Lion Court —    1) On the west of Pye Comer (Hatton, 1708).    Not named in the maps.    2) East out of Shoe Lane at No.42, in Farringdon Ward Without Lockie, 1816 Elmes, 1831).    Not named in the maps.    3) In Addle Hill (Dodsley, 1761).    Not named in… …   Dictionary of London

  • Stoke's Court —    East out of Fetter Lane at No.64 and north into Holborn (P.O. Directory).    Formerly called: King s Head Court (q.v.).    Name changed 1909.    Strype says it was at one time called White Horse Alley, and it is so named in O. and M. 1677.… …   Dictionary of London

  • Rose and Crown Court —    1) East out of Fetter Lane, in Farringdon Ward Without (O. and M. 1677).    Site now covered by Blewitt s Buildings (q.v.).    2) East out of Whitecross Street.    See White Rose Place.    3) East out of Foster Lane at No.6, north of St.… …   Dictionary of London

  • Elm Court —    1) West out of Fetter Lane, near Elim Place (Lockie, 1810 Elmes, 1831). In Farringdon Ward Without.    Not named in the maps.    2) East out of Middle Temple Lane, within the Temple precincts (P.O Directory).    First mention: Elme Court, 1620 …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”