Forcier, near Broken Wharf
   Erected by Bevis Bulmer in 1594 within the gate of an old stone house belonging to the Duke of Norfolk, 11 H. VI., by Broken Wharf, to convey Thames water into men's houses of West Cheape, St. Paul's, Fleet Street, etc. (S. 18, 364).

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”