- Garden Court
- 1) In St. Botolph, Bishopsgate Churchyard in Bishopsgate Ward Without (Strype, ed. 1755-Boyle, 1799).Not named in the maps.2) On the west side of Middle Temple Hall, within the Temple precincts, in Farringdon Ward Without (P.O. Directory).First mention: Hatton, 1708.It looks over the Temple Gardens, hence the name.3) North out of Lee's Court in St. Catherine's Lane, leading to Garden Street and to Butcher Row (Lockie, 1816).Site now covered by St. Katherine's Docks.Occupied part of the site of the Gardens belonging to St. Katherine's Hospital.4) North out of Paul's Alley to Figtree Court. In Cripplegate Ward Without. It seems to have also led west into Hare Court, Aldersgate Street (Strype, ed, 1720-Elmes, 1831).In Rocque, 1746, called : "6 Garden Court," which does not extend to Figtree Court.See Young's Buildings.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.