- George Court
- 1) Out of Old Change to Paul's Chain (Rev. of Lond. 1728-P.C. 1732).Not named in the maps.2) East out of Coleman Street, south of Bell Alley. In Coleman Street Ward (O. and M. 1677-Boyle, 1799).Called "George Alley" in Strype, 1720 and 1755."George Yard" in P.C. 1732-Elmes, 1831.The site is now occupied by offices and chambers.3) West out of Old Fish Street Hill, with a turning south to Upper Thames Street, in Queenhithe Ward (P.C. 1732-Elmes, 1831).Formerly called Bell Alley (q.v.) and Brook's Yard.4) West out of Bennett's Hill at No. 5, in Castle Baynard Ward (Rocque, 1746-Elmes, 1831).Removed for the formation of Queen Victoria Street.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.