- Goat Alley
- 1) South out of Ludgate Hill, in Farringdon Ward Without (Strype, ed. 1720-Boyle, 1799).Former name : "Goat Yard" (O. and M. 1677).It seems to be called "Goale Court" or "Kings Arms Court" in 1626 (L.C.C. Deeds, Harben Bequest, 1600-1700, No. 162).Site now covered by the L.C. and Dover Railway lines.Named after a sign.2) Out of Whitecross Street, in Cripplegate Ward Without (P.C. 1732-Boyle, 1799).Not named in the maps.3) In St. Katherine's Lane, East Smithfield (Strype, ed. 1755-Boyle, 1799).Not named in the maps.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.