- Green Dragon Court
- 1) West out of St. Andrew's Hill at No. 11 (P.O. Directory). In Farringdon Ward Within.First mention: Lockie, 1810.Former names : "Canterbury Court." "Scallop Court" (O. and M. 1677-Horwood, 1799). "Swan Alley" (Strype, ed. 1720-Boyle, 1799).Name derived from the sign.2) East out of Old Change, in Farringdon Ward Within (Strype, ed. 1720-Boyle, 1799).Site now occupied by offices and chambers.3) East out of Old Jewry, in Coleman Street Ward (Strype, ed. 1720 and 1755).Former name : "Green Court" (O. and M. 1677).The site has been rebuilt and is now occupied by offices and chambers, etc.4) West out of Giltspur Street, on the east side of St. Sepulchre's Church, in Farringdon Ward Without (O. and M. 1677)."Green Dragon Inn," here in Lockie, 1810.See Church Alley.5) North out of Fore Street at 102. In Cripplegate Ward Without (O.S. 1880).First mention: Lockie, 1816.Former name : "Bishop's Court" (Rocque, 1746-Boyle, 1799). "Three Mariner Court" (Horwood, 1799).The site has been rebuilt and is now occupied by offices and business houses.6) South out of Snow Hill, opposite Nag's Head Court, in Farringdon Ward Without (O. and M. 1677-Strype, ed. 1720).Site now covered by Holborn Viaduct, etc.7) West out of Bread Street Hill, in Queenhithe Ward (O. and M 1677).Site now occupied by offices and business houses.8) West out of Cow Lane at No. 43, in Farringdon Ward Without (O. and M. 1677-Elmes, 1831).Site now covered by the L.C. and Dover Railway lines.9) North out of Thames Street and east to Lambeth Hill, in Queenhithe Ward (O. and M. 1677-Strype, 1720 and 1755).Now Boss Court (q.v.).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.