- Half Moon Street
- West out of Bishopsgate Street Without. In Bishopsgate Ward Without (Lockie, 1810-O.S. 1880).Former names : "Half Moon Alley," 1600 (End. Ch. St. Botolph's, Bishopsgate, p. 23) (O. and M. 1677-L. Guide, 1758). "Flying Horse Yard" (Horwood, 1799), or "Half Moon Street" (Lockie, 1810).In 1880 a considerable portion of the street, viz. the western portion, had been demolished for the North London Railway lines, and the rest of the site is now occupied by Liverpool Street Station.Named after the Half Moon (q.v.).Old houses here were decorated with beautiful ceilings.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.