The Hall Court
   On the west side of Middle Temple Lane. North of Middle Temple Hall (O. and M. 1677-Strype, 1720 and 1755).
   See Fountain Court.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • The Burning Court — infobox Book | name = The Burning Court title orig = translator = image caption = author = John Dickson Carr cover artist = country = United States language = English series = N/A genre = Mystery, Detective, Horror novel, Novel publisher = Harper …   Wikipedia

  • The Kids in the Hall — For the Hip hop duo, see Kidz in the Hall. The Kids in the Hall at the 2008 eTalk Festival Party, during the Toronto International Film Festival (from left: Dave Foley, Mark McKinney …   Wikipedia

  • Curriers' Hall Court —    South out of London Wall, west of Philip Lane (Lockie, 1810, to Elmes, 1831).    Former name : Curriors Court (Strype, ed. 1720, and P.C. 1732).    Named after the hall of the Company.    The site of the Court and the old Hall are now occupied …   Dictionary of London

  • Glovers' Hall Court —    On the south side of Beech Lane at No. 7, in Cripplegate Ward Without (O. and M. 1677 L.C.C. List, 1901).     Glovers Court in Hatton, 1708. Glovers Court Yard (Boyle, 1799).    Glovers Hall was at the south end in the 17th and 18th centuries …   Dictionary of London

  • Salters' Hall Court —    North out of Cannon Street at No.109 (P.O. Directory). On the west side of St. Swithin s Church in Walbrook Ward.    First mention: Rocque, 1746.    Called Salters Court in O.S.1880.    Leads to Salters Hall …   Dictionary of London

  • White Hall Court —    East from the Tower precinct to St. Katherine s lane (Horwood, 1799 Lockie, 1811).    Removed for the formation of St. Katherine s Docks and the adjacent warehouses 1827 …   Dictionary of London

  • Saddlers' Hall Court —    West out of Gravel Lane, Houndsditch. In Portsoken Ward (O.S.25 in. 1880).    Removed about 1884, when much of the district was altered and rebuilt for Metropolitan Railway extensions and the erection of Artizans dwellings, etc …   Dictionary of London

  • Westminster Hall Court —    North out of Dunning s Alley, in Bishopsgate Ward Without (Strype, 1720, I. ii. 108 Boyle, 1799).    The site is now occupied by the Great Eastern and North London Railway lines …   Dictionary of London

  • Blakwell Hall Court —    West out of Aldermanbury Postern, in Cripplegate Ward Without (O. and M. 1677 Boyle, 1799).    The site is now occupied by offices and business houses …   Dictionary of London

  • League of the Holy Court — The League of the Holy Court, Vehmgericht, or just the Vehm was a secret tribunal of Westphalia during the Middle Ages, the principal seat of which was in Dortmund. Traditionally founded in the year 772 CE by Charlemagne [pg. 178 Magical… …   Wikipedia

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”