Hand Yard, Chequer Yard, Dowgate
   See Hand Court2.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Hand Court —    1) West out of Philip Lane in Cripplegate Ward Within (O. and M. 1677 Boyle, 1799).    Also called : Hand Alley (Strype, 1720 and 1755).    It seems to be called Hand Alley or Sands Court in P.C. 1732.    The site is now occupied by offices… …   Dictionary of London

  • Cannon Street Station —    On the south side of Cannon Street at Dowgate Hill, extending south to the Thames (P.O. Directory), which is traversed by the railway bridge of the South Eastern and Chatham Railway Co. In Dowgate Ward.    Erected 1865 6 as the City terminus… …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”