- Haydon Square
- At No. 23 Haydon Street, on the north side.In Minories precinct, now in the parish of St. Botolph, Aldgate (P.O. Directory).In O. and M. 1677 the site now occupied by the square is covered by Heydon House and Yard, and the square seems not to have been built until the latter end of the 17th century, as Hatton, writing in 1708, speaks of it then as a new square. In 1720 it is described as on the north side of Heydon Yard, having coach-houses and stables on its eastern side and large houses on the west side.In Review of London, 1728, mention is made of "Heydon-yard-court," which may have been the square.For derivation of name See Haydon Street.The square is occupied by the L. and N.W. Ry. goods station and the Customs and Excise Office.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.