(St.) Helen's Gate
   The great Gate of the Priory, called "Saint Elyns gate," on the common way leading to Crosbyes Place, 30 H. VIII. 1539 (L. and P. H. VIII. Dom. S. XIV. 1, p. 419).
   It is frequently referred to in the parish records, as for example in 1696, Vestry Minutes (Cox, 112), and there seem also to have been gates from St. Helen's into St. Mary Axe, 1698 (ib. 117).

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”