- Hervey's Croft
- Purchased by Sir Wm. Manny in 1371, from the Priory of St. John of Jerusalem, and added to Spital Croft for the site of the Charterhouse (Hendrik, p. 21).Grant of 21/2 acres 36 perches of land in a field called "Herviescroft" without the Bar of Westsmethefeld, "ubi magnum claustrum Cartusientium cum novis cellis inceptum est," 50 Ed. III. (Aug. Office Conv. Leases, 34).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.