- Horsehead Alley
- In parish of St. Sepulchre, adjoining the inn called the signe of the "Sarazen's head," over the messuage called the "horsehed."First mention: 1557 (Ct. H.W. II. 664).In a deed of 1669 the Horsehead is described as newly erected next the street on the west side of St. Sepulchre's church, and Horsehead Alley under it and the next adjoining tenement, the Alley extending from north to south 184 ft., and in breadth at the north end 34 ft. and at the south end 38 ft. (L.C.C. Deeds, Harben Bequest, 1600-1700, No. 109).The site is now occupied by Holborn Viaduct and the approaches.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.