Howford Buildings
   North out of Fenchurch Street at 148 (P.O. Directory). In Langbourn Ward.
   First mention: O.S. 1875).
   Former names : "Howford's Court" (P.C. 1732-L. Guide, 1758). "Howford Court" (Boyle, 1799-Elmes, 1831). "Holford Court" (Rocque, 1746). "Hartford Court" (Stryp, ed. 1720). "Christal Court" (O. and M. 1677).
   Named after the owner or builder.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Christal Court —    See Howford Buildings …   Dictionary of London

  • Hartford Court —    See Howford Buildings …   Dictionary of London

  • Holford Court —    See Howford Buildings …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”