- A street so called in the parish of St. Alphege in Cripplegate Ward Within, 1385-6 (Ct. H.W. II. 252) and 1386 (ib. 256).It is further described as " per murum civitatis London," which would seem to suggest a street identical with the present " London Wall " in St. Alphage parish.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.