- Judd's Almshouses
- On the east side of Bishopsgate. In Bishopsgate Ward Within (O.S. 1880).Near St. Helen's Church at No. 36 Bishopsgate Street Within (Lockie).Built by Sir Andrew Judd for six poor Almspeople to be maintained out of lands given to the Skinners' Company (S. ed. 1603, p. 175). The money having been provided by Dame Elizabeth Hollys, d. 1554, in her will (Cox, 250).Bequest for endowment made 1558 (Cox, 251).The Almshouses were re-erected in 1729 by the Skinners' Company to the west of the original site (Cox, p. 254). In the yard was a handsome leaden cistern, bearing date 1733.Removed about 1895.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.