Backside of Ye Shambles
   Part of the southern side of Newgate Street, east of Ivy was so named in 1546 and 1617 in a " Plat of the Greyfriars " reproduced in Trans. L. and M. Arch. Soc. V. 421.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”