- Tenement of John de Cantebrigge so called in parish of St. Sepulchre without Newgate, 1377 (Ct. H.W. II. 197).Perhaps this tenement was adjacent to or included in the lease to John de Cantebrigge of tenements held by Wm. de Naples under the Commonalty of the City, situate outside Ludgate upon Houndesdiche between Ludgate and Newgate, 34 Ed. III.1360 (Cal. L. Bk. G. 121).If so the site would be on or near to the former Sessions House in the Old Bailey.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.