- Leathersellers' Buildings
- South out of London Wall to Little Bell Alley, in Broad Street Ward (Horwood, 1799-O.S.).Site occupied by : "Angel Alley" (O. and M. 1677). "Thompsons Rents" (W. Stow, 1722-London Guide, 1758). "Sedgwick's Rents" (P.C. 1732-Boyle, 1799).Derivation of name : In 15 H. VIII. 1523, before the Leathersellers' Company purchased the site of their new Hall within the precincts of the dissolved Priory of St. Helen's from the King, their Hall was situated on the site of these buildings (L. and P. H. VIII. III. Pt. 2, p. 1515), and their gardens are mentioned as abutting on the northern boundary of Drapers' Hall and Gardens in 35 H. VIII. 1543 (ib. XVIII. Pt. 1, p. 528).Site now occupied by Copthall Avenue.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.