- Meeting House Court
- 1) West out of Miles' Lane at No. 7 (P.O. Directory). In Candle-wick Ward.First mention: O. and M. 1677. But in this map there seems to be some confusion with Fann Court, the names of these two streets being reversed.Called "Meeting House Yard" in Strype, 1720 and 1755.The name is derived from an Independent Meeting House situate at the western end of the street as shown in Rocque's map, 1746.The court is now occupied entirely for business purposes.2) East out of Old Jewry in Coleman Street Ward (Bacon, 1912).First mention: Rocque, 1746.Former name : "Meeting House Alley," near Lothbury (P.C. 1732).The name is derived from a Presbyterian Meeting House shown in Rocque's map on the north side of the yard, on the site now occupied by the National Debt and Government Life Annuity Office.Site now occupied by offices and business houses.3) West out of Water Lane, in Farringdon Ward Within (P.C. 1732, and Horwood, 1799-O.S. 1848-50).Former name : "Meeting House Yard" (Rocque, 1746-Boyle, 1799).Probably removed for the erection of Ludgate Hill Station and the formation of the railway lines.4) See Meeting House Yard, Gravel Lane.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.