- Mouldmaker's Row
- West out of Foster Lane and north from Round Court and west and north into Dean's Court. In St. Martin's le Grand in Aldersgate Ward (Lockie, 1816).First mention: "Moldmaker Row" (O. and M. 1677).In a deed of 1684 some of the messuages are described as newly built (L.C.C. Deeds, Harben Bequest, 1600-1700, No.102).Other name: "Mouldmakers Rents" (Strype, Ed. 1720).The western end seems to have been called " Back Alley" (q.v.) in the 18th century.Site afterwards occupied by the buildings of the old General Post Office, erected 1825-9
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.