- New City Chambers
- On the west side of Bishopsgate. In Bishopsgate Ward Within (O.S.).First mention: Lockie, 1810.Former name: "City Chambers" (Horwood, 1799).The site was occupied in O. and M. 1677, by Sir Samuel Barnardiston's house, and in Strype, 1720 and 1755, so that the Chambers were probably erected after the Fire in Bishopsgate Street in 1765.There seem to have been some old City Chambers (q.v.) on the east side of Bishopsgate Street at No.24, opposite Threadneedle Street, hence the name.The site is now occupied by Banking houses.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.