Barleymow Passage
   South out of Long Lane to Cloth Fair at No.45 (P.O. Directory).
   First mention: Horwood, 1799.
   Formerly called : " Cloth Fair " (Rocque, 1746).
   Named after a tavern of that sign. There is still a public house called " Barley Mow " at No.50 Long Lane.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”