- (St.) Bartholomew the Less
- On the eastern side of West Smithfield, north of St. Bartholomew's Hospital, within the Hospital precincts.Originally the chapel to Saint Bartholomew's Hospital.As the parish church of St. Bartholomew by the Exchange was known in early records as " the Little " it is probable that early references to " St Bartholomew's the Little "refer to that church, and not to this chapel belonging to the hospital. Arnold describes it as " The chapell wythin Bartholomew Spitell," 1521 (Chron. p. 255).In 1547, after the reconstruction of the Hospital at the Dissolution, it was ordained that the church within the site of the Hospital was to be a parish church called the church of " St. Bartholomew the Little " for all inhabitants within the site and close of the Hospital, 38 H. VIII. (L. and P. H. VIII. XIX. (1), p. 416).Interior rebuilt 1789 and 1823. Restored 1865. Tower old.A perpetual vicarage : Patrons : the Governors of St. Bartholomew's Hospital.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.