Bartholomew Court, Throgmorton Street

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Throgmorton Court —    South Qut of Throgmorton Street. In Broad Street Ward (Horwood, 1799).    Former names: Bartholomew Court (O. and M. 1677 Boyle, 1799).    Site is now occupied by the Alliance Assurance Co. s office.    Named Bartholomew Court after the Church …   Dictionary of London

  • Broad Street (ward) — Coordinates: 51°30′58″N 0°05′06″W / 51.5161°N 0.085°W / 51.5161; 0.085 …   Wikipedia

  • Copthall Court —    North out of Throgmorton Street at No. 30 (P.O. Directory). In Broad Street and Coleman Street Wards.    First mention: 1662, in Account books of St. Bartholomew by the Exchange, p.174 …   Dictionary of London

  • London — Die Buchstaben und Zahlen zwischen den Linien | H6 | bezeichnen die Quadrate des Planes. Abbeyfield RoadH6 Abbey RoadA1, 2 – StreetG2, 3; G5 Abercorn PlaceA2 Acacia RoadAB1, 2 AchillesB5 Acton StreetDE2 Adam StreetH5 Addington SquareF7 Adelaide… …   Meyers Großes Konversations-Lexikon

  • Worshipful Company of Drapers — Arms of the Drapers Company The Worshipful Company of Drapers is one of the 108 Livery Companies of the City of London; it has the formal name of The Master and Wardens and Brethren and Sisters of the Guild or Fraternity of the Blessed Mary the… …   Wikipedia

  • Alliance Assurance Co.'s Offices —    At the north east corner of Bartholomew Lane (P.O. Directory). In Broad Street Ward. Founded 1824, on the site of part of Throgmorton Court (q.v.). Called Alliance Bank in O.S. 1880.    See Auction Mart Sale Rooms …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”