Pease Porridge Alley
   South-east out of the northern portion of Gravel Lane, Houndsditch, in Portsoken Ward (Strype, Ed. 1720-Boyle, 1799).
   Site cleared in Horwood, 1799, and occupied subsequently by warehouses, now belonging to Port of London Authority (q.v.).

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Port of London Authority's Warehouses —    At the northern boundary of Portsoken Ward and extending into Bishopsgate Ward Without (P.O. Directory).    Former names : East India Warehouses (Greenwood, 1827). Cutler Street Warehouses (O.S. 1848 51). London and St. Katherine s Dock Co. s… …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”