- Pembrook's Inn
- At the north end of Ave Maria Lane, in parish of St. Martin Ludgate, 18 Rich. II. (S. 341).Formerly belonging to John, duke of Britaine, temp. Ed. II. , since called "Pembrook's Inn " as belonging to the Earl of Pembrook. Now called Burgavenny house (ib.), the residence of Henry Nevill, 6th Earl of Abergavenny, d. 1587.In 1385 a grant was made to Michael Northburgh, bishop of London, of land near the stone wall of the bishop's palace, between the corner tenement called "le Briggehous" and the end of the wall opposite the great gate of the hostel of the Countess of Pembroke, 32 Ed. III.1358 (Cal. L. Bk. G. 132).Site now occupied by Stationers' Hall (q.v.).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.