- Bas Court, Barbican
- Houses with gardens called "La Bas Court" by Crypelgate, 5 Ed. III.1331 (Cal. P.R. Ed. III.1330-4, p. 106)."Bas-court" in Rodecrouchestrete without Crypilgate, 1341 (ib. 1340-3, p. 201).A tenement in "Redecruchestrate" lay between the garden called "le Baas Gardyn" on the north and Redecruchestrate on the south (MS. D. and C. St. Paul's, Press A. Box 10, 1015).From this document it appears that "la Bas Court" lay to the north of Redcross Street.Later, in 10 H. VIII. it is described as a messuage called "Barrecan," otherwise "Barbycane," otherwise "Bascourt," belonging to Lord Willughby d'Eresby (L. and M. Ft. of Fines, II. 25).Described as "Willoughby House" or "Barbican" in will of Peregrine Bertie, 1601 (Kingsford's Stow, II. 340).The site is shown in the O.S. 1875 on the north side of Barbican (Street), west of Golden Lane.See Barbican.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.