Pottage Pot Alley
   The eastern end of what is now Westmoreland Buildings (q.v.) was so called in Rocque, 1746.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Westmoreland Buildings —    West out of Aldersgate Street at No. 179 to Albion Buildings (P.O. Directory). In Aldersgate Ward and Farringdon Ward Without.    First mention: 1761.    Former names: Westmoreland Court and Pav d Alley at the eastern end (O. and M. 1677).… …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”