- Sabb's Dock
- Opposite to No.75 Lower Thames Street, on the west side of Bear Quay near the Custom House (Leake, 1666-Lockie, 1810).Also called : " Bear Key Stairs " (Rocque, 1746).It seems to have been made in i516, for in that year licence was given to JoIm Sabbe to make a bridge 24 ft. long and 6 ft. broad into the Thames at the south end of his wharf called "Sabbis key" in Thamisstrete with a stair at the end 16 ft. (L. and P. H. VIII. Dom. S. II. 1515-18, p.642).Site now occupied by the Custom House and Quays adjoining.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.