- Salisbury Court
- South out of Fleet Street, at No. 81, to Salisbury Square (P.O. Directory). In Farringdon Ward Without.First mention: "Salisburie Court" (S. 399).Occupies part of the site of the place and Inn of the Bishops of Salisbury, afterwards known as" Sackville House," from the family of Sackville, who resided there.Destroyed in the Fire and rebuilt.In Strype's maps, 1720 and 1755, the northern portion is called "Dorset Street" and the southern portion only" Salisbury Court."Formerly extended south to the Thames, including the street now known as Dorset Street," Primrose Hill, etc.Hatton (1708) describes it as a considerable street between Fleet Street and the Thames, in the middle whereof is a small pleasant square.Named after the Inn of the Bishops of Salisbury there.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.